Car Insurance

Each information must match with your details including make model, CC, fuel type, sub type, seating capacity etc.
You must check IDV value, vehicle registration number, premium amount, NCB (if applicable) and third party insurance premium.
Check whether the Car Insurance company has a cashless tie-up with the wildest network of service stations. The insurance company which provides the best rate without any excess on it is more preferable. Don’t forget to check company history and claim settling ratio.
Each insurance company provides different accidental cover and different IDV. Hence, premium amount is also differs for all insurance companies in India. It is good to keep your IDV on higher side as it helps during claims and at the time of selling vehicle.
In case auto owner don’t make any insurance claim on his insured vehicle, then you are eligible for a No Claim Bonus.
Excess is the amount which will be deducted by the insurer before making the payment to policyholder. There are 2 types of excesses: The first one is compulsory and depends on the cubic capacity (C. C.) of the vehicle. You can’t exclude this figure from the policy. The other one is a voluntary excess and is given to auto owner for decreasing the premium amount in the policy. It is not a recommended choice to avail, since it decreases the claim payout in case its required. Do not agree for higher excess.
Vehicle repairing expenses or vehicle replacement cost is paid to you in case auto owner have chosen for this coverage in your insurance plan.
In case, auto owner has not decreased the car value every year minimum by around 10 percent previous year’s IDV, then your insurer will not pay the IDV. If auto owner has increased the car value without any valid reason, then also insurer will not pay the whole IDV.
Third party property damage, third party life damage and an accident are covered under third party insurance.
It depends on a case, like, if a tree fell on an insured car, then auto owner can get complete IDV back without an FIR.
Of course, YES. Your car carries the NCB and every insurance company has to accept it.
Yes. If you make a claim in case of theft, you lose the NCB.
Complete IDV minus excess is paid.
A cover note is an interim insurance cover issued by the insurance company before the issuance of a policy, when a policyholder has submitted a completely filled in proposal form and has paid the premium in full. It is valid till 60 days from the issuing date of the cover note and the insurance company shall issue the Insurance Certificate before this cover note expires.
Premium amount is based on various factors such as model, type, CC, make, registration place, claims history, usage etc. Hence, premium amount varies from company to company.
Legal liability covers the legal compensation which might have to be paid in case a third party lodges any case against the driver for loss, damage. It covers occupational diseases and accidents. The driver is insured for a sum equal to his salary for the policy term.
Yes. Provided it is renewed between the period starting two months before expiry and six days after expiry of the previous policy.
Yes. Anyone can buy a policy on behalf of the insured.
In case your Car Insurance is active, then it doesn’t matter where the accident tales place as you are covered throughout the country.
Car insurance doesn’t cover depreciation, consequential loss, wears and tears, electrical and mechanical breakdown, war perils, drunken driving or vehicle driven by someone else other than the driver mentioned in driver's clause. It does not cover breakage or failure when the vehicle is used outside the geographical area.
When you plan to sell your car, you can either ask a new owner to purchase a separate policy and then get this policy canceled or transfer your current policy to the new owner of the car.
Your policy will remain as it is. Just change your address and phone no in the policy. You can do this online or visit any of the nearby branches.
An exhaustive car insurance policy comprises of Engine Protect, Roadside assistancen & Quality Assurance. Roadside assistance plays a vital role by providing help in vehicle breakdown or any other vehicle exigencies while unavailability or inaccessibility to mechanical help.
First of all, any modification in the vehicle should be informed to your insurer in order to continue the policy. Sometimes, it may cost you extra for any addition to your vehicle such as fitting CNG kit / LPG kit etc.
  • Certificate of Insurance
  • Photocopy of Registration Certificate
  • Pollution under Control Certificate
  • Photocopy of Driving License of person who is driving the vehicle
Yes, you can. You can easily transfer your car insurance to your car purchaser just by providing the details of this transfer to your insurance company in writing and by filling up a new application for the same.
In addition to NCB, there are other additional discounts available. In built anti-theft device or any other security gadgets in your vehicle can weaken your premium value. Moreover there are heavy discounts for specially designed/modified vehicles for the blind, differently abled.
Yes, it is. To protect vehicle and its owner against third party liability risk and get cover against bodily injury, death or property damage to the third party, Car insurance is must.
One should note down the registration number of the other vehicle involved in case of an accident and also the name and contact details of witnesses, if any. Moreover, file a FIR at the nearest police station in case the accident causes damage to property, bodily injury or other major damages.
Excess is the amount deducted by the insurance company before making the payment to insured. There are two types of excess: 1) Compulsory Excess: it depends on cubic capacity of the vehicle. It can’t be removed from the policy. 2) Voluntary Excess: this is the excess you get by reducing the premium of the policy. This is not at all recommended though as it reduces the payout if its needed.
In case of an accident or any other damage where the repair cost exceeds 75% of the total cost of the car, insurance company declare the car as a scrap and pays entire value of the vehicle to vehicle owner.
Third part car damage, damage to the belongings, property or life is covered under car insurance.
No, there is not. NCB savings also get elapsed after 3 months.
Yes, you can transfer your NCB to your new car in case of selling the old one. The required documents need to be submitted about your old car deal.