Person between age of five to 80 years can have health insurance policies. In fact, children between three months to five years are also covered under the parent’s policy. Majority of people are not aware with the fact that when is the right time to purchase a mediclaim policy online.
People should know the purpose behind purchasing online healthcare plans. Customers need to understand that these plans are designed to cover medical expenses for accidental injuries, diseases, illnesses during the policy tenure.
Based on the medical condition, buyers can also purchase critical illness rider, an add-on benefit offered by both life and general insurance companies in India.
However, it insures policyholders in case they are diagnosed with some major diseases and the need for this is due to expenses incurred in the medical treatment of such diseases are too expensive.
Person can buy multiple health covers, but in case policy states a contribution clause which states that if insured has bought a policy from other insurer, all the insurance companies will share the payout in the sum assured. Therefore, person should mention everything correctly at the time of buying another insurance policy in case he already has a healthcare plan. Below are some plans provided under health insurance:
- Under cashless mediclaim policy, amount directly paid to the network hospital when the policyholder is admitted.
- Family floater plan covers the whole family under one plan whereas the individual health insurance covers only one person during policy period.
- Group health insurance is designed to protect group of people who are bounded by the nature of job.
- Travel health insurance is also useful when person is traveling out of his geographical boundary of the mediclaim policy.
- Critical health insurance covers only limited set of diseases which are mentioned in the policy documents.
- Hospitalization plan is made to pay only the room rent in hospital and does not insure any medicines or treatments.
- Maternity insurance covers pregnant women during the pregnancy and child birth complications.
- Senior citizen health insurance is meant for people of 60 years of age, but it is advisable to purchase it as early as possible.