Today, having online Home Insurance
India is very much essential to take care of the structure and contents of your home. These insurance products are made to protect your hard-earned money in case of emergencies such as burglary or fire etc.
But, policyholders are more worried about the home insurance claiming procedure. Insured may find it tricky especially when it is his or her turn to register a claim. Below mentioned tips help policyholders to decrease your claims related anxieties.
• Read the policy documents carefully, including exclusions and inclusions. It clearly mentions what can be covered and what is not insured. Policyholders must know what is covered under a plan because home insurance covers certain damages only. So, you cannot claim for things which are not insured under a policy else it will delay the claim.
• Safely keep your bills and documents related to the purchase of valuables. In case you fail to stock any evidence, then at least click pictures of your valuables and their purchase documents. Save this data online so that this information will never misplace. Remember to mention the purchase date and value at the time of purchase.
While registering a claim, do not expect any approval unless policyholders have all the necessary documents in place. It is advisable to prepare a list of all key possessions when a person buys a home insurance policy India. Also, click pictures of your valuable belongings as an evidence to justify your claim amount.
• Industry experts suggest policyholders to make a written inventory of all your household stuff, from electronic equipment to jewelry, once in a year. Then, submit this new list to the insurer for their records.
• Fill online home insurance claim form by entering the correct information for quick and easy evaluation of claim with right contact details.
• Carefully fill the claim application by avoiding making any errors because it will lead to bureaucratic delays later.
• Follow up with the insurance company in India once you have registered the claim.