Car Insurance Claim Process
When you buy a car, you should also possess a car insurance policy not only to cover you but your car as well from accidents. Keep your vehicle always covered by continuing with your auto insurance plan. Car insurance policy renewal is just the process of continuing the cover from the existing insurance term to the next but within the validity period.
Motor insurance will turn void and null in case auto owner become late in renewing your auto insurance policy. Auto owner is no more eligible to avail auto insurance benefits once the policy loses its validity and driving without carrying valid auto insurance is a severe offence under law. Hence, renew your motor insurance plan prior to the expiry date.
Generally, the process of auto insurance renewal is automatic and each year auto owner has to renew his or her motor insurance. But, you have to think seriously to check whether you and your car have sufficient coverage or not to take care of all your fundamental requirements. If you renew your plan with the same insurer, you can also save some handsome-amount of money.
• Auto owner needs to act within a one month period of renewing your car insurance plan. Decide whether you want to terminate your plan or want to move on with the same insurer. Select a new insurance company before terminating your auto insurance policy.
• Collect all the necessary information or documents such as insurance statement of your policy, recent renewal notice, driving license number, registration number etc.
• Save your time by doing some research online, and then compare different types of auto insurance products to select the top three car insurers.
• Contact your current insurer to request them to offer a better plan and if you find a much better plan from other insurance company in India, then inform your existing insurer that you will terminate the policy.
• Or if you decide to continue with your current insurer, then you have to make the premium payment. Auto owner will receive a cover note which is also known as a provisional certificate. You may get the original policy document after 15 days from the date of payment.